At Home James (2005) Limited (trading as “Carback”), Home James Taxi Service Limited and Home James Valeting Service Limited (collectively “Home James”), data privacy is important to us.
The information we collect about you will allow us to contact you and send information to you about services where you may have an interest. In providing us your information you thereby consent to us processing it for this purpose.
We will not pass your information on to any third party without your express permission, except as defined herein for the provision of services that you have requested, other than authorities and the police in the event of any investigation.
Home James (2005) Limited and Home James Valeting Service Limited are incorporated in Jersey and are subject to the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018 (“DPJL”), effective 25 May 2018. DPJL has been designed to achieve consistency with EU General Data Protection legislation (“GDPR”), which takes effect on the same day.
For the purposes of the DPJL and GDPR:
- the data controller is Home James;
- Home James may use third-parties to process your personal data.
Personal Data We Collect
We collect personal data in order to fulfil our obligations to customers, employees and other counterparties. This may include information you provide to us by making a booking for our services, by entering into a contract with us, by correspondence with us by email, letter, phone or other methods, or otherwise contacting us.
- Personal Data - the information you give us may include: your name, address, email address, phone number, together with financial and credit card information, all of which is Personal Data and subject to the DPJL.
How We Use Personal Data
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to engage in business activity in relation to our services. This may include sending you newsletters, promotions and other information that may be of interest to you;
- to comply with legal or regulatory obligations that we must discharge;
- to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights, or for the purposes of legal proceedings;
- to look into any complaints or queries you may have.
Grounds for Using Your Personal Data
We rely on the following legal grounds to process your personal information, namely:
- Performance of a contract - we may need to collect and use your personal information to enter into a contract with you or to perform our obligations under a contract with you.
- Legitimate interests - we may use your personal information for our legitimate interests, such as in the operation of our carback and valeting businesses.
- Compliance with law or regulation - we may use your personal information as necessary to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- Consent - we may (but usually do not) need your consent to use your personal information. You can withdraw your consent by contacting us (see below).
Reasons We Share Personal Data
Home James may share your personal data with third parties relevant to the services that we provide. This may include, but is not limited to, our employees, professional service providers and agents, regulators, accountants and governmental institutions.
Home James will not share sensitive personal data to third parties unless required by law.
Protecting your data outside Jersey and the EEA (EU Member States and Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway)
We may transfer data that we collect from you to third-party data processors in countries that are outside Jersey and the EEA, such as the USA. This might be required for operational reasons.
If we do this, we have procedures in place to ensure your data receives the same protection as if it were being processed inside Jersey or the EEA. Any transfer of your personal data will follow applicable laws.
Security of Personal Data
All personal data and other data we hold is protected by us in accordance with the principles of DPJL.
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your data and to ensure that the data collected by us is stored on secure platforms and hosting facilities.
Retention of Personal Data
Personal information on account customers will be retained for up to 10 years from termination of an account, or as otherwise required by law. E-marketing databases will be reviewed annually to delete recipients who have not used our services within the preceding 18 months.
Any detailed personal information supplied by customers will not be retained beyond the periods mentioned above.
Rights of Access to Personal Data
Except as Home James is required by law to retain or withhold access to your personal data, you have the right to be informed of whether your personal data are being processed by or on behalf of Home James, and, if that is the case, to be given information as to –
(a) the purposes for which they are being or are to be processed;
(b) the categories of personal data concerned;
(c) the recipients of such personal data (if any);
(d) where possible, how long the personal data will be stored or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period;
(e) the right to request rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing of personal data or to object to such processing;
(f) the right to lodge a complaint with the Jersey Data Protection Authority;
(g) where the personal data are not collected from you, any available information as to their source;
(h) where personal data are transferred to a third country or to an international organisation, information on the safeguards relating to the transfer.
Subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions and without limiting the rights and freedoms of other persons, you are entitled to obtain details of any personal data of which you are the data subject and a copy of that data.
Such information will be provided within 4 weeks of receiving the request, or otherwise as soon as practical to do so.
You may also request that we modify or delete any personal data that we hold about you.
Please direct any queries to Alex Morgan (Director):
+44 (0)1534 630700
The Jersey Data Protection Authority may be contacted at the Office of the Information Commissioner:
+44 (0)1534 716530